When we open up ourselves to others and give of our time, resources and energy, not only are we a part of changing someone else’s life, but our lives are changed too. When we take the time to ask, “How can I help someone else?” we experience the power of living beyond ourselves. There are many opportunities to serve in ministry at Harvester Naz. If you'd like to know more about how you can serve at Harvester Naz, simply fill out the form to the right. The rest is up to us - we'll be in touch!!
WHY WE SERVE OTHERS
- Jesus served others! Our goal as Christ followers is to be more like Him each and every day. Because Jesus loved people, He served them. Because we love Christ, we serve others as living proof of the transformation that has taken place in our lives.
- We are the church. We can’t sit and wait for people to walk through our doors. Our purpose is best expressed when we are working in our community to serve people and meet needs.
- Actions speak louder than words. Sometimes pain can’t be fixed with words. But people can experience the love of God when we meet their needs in practical ways.
- Serving is irresistible. When people see our genuine love and concern for them, they can’t help but be drawn towards it.
- A simple act of service can break down walls and barriers. You never know what someone might be going through. It might just seem like a small act of kindness to you, but to someone that is hurting it might be the lifeline they have been searching for.
“You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.” – Galatians 5:13 NIV